Проверь себя ( формат ОГЭ)
People … (1) for thousands of years. A lot of books are … (2) about courageous travellers and
their adventures. Travelling was rather dangerous in the old days and merchants (KYOI..\bI) who
… (3) their ships off on long trading voyages never knew how many of them … (4).
It’s much easier to travel nowadays. A lot of people, business people especially, prefer
travelling by air .. . (5) travelling by cars or trains. It saves time, and time is money.
As for me, I try to avoid travelling by plane since I get .. . (6). I also don’t like … (7) by sea.
The train is the one means of transport I really enjoy. Two years ago, we went to Vladivostok
and it was a pretty long trip, but I enjoyed it very much. We passed many different regions, and
the passengers . . . (8) enjoy beautiful views. When the train stopped at the little stations, we
… (9) some local food: berries, fish, pies, and some … (10) tasty boiled potatoes.
- a) were travelling b) travelled c) have been travelling d) had been travelling
- a) written b) writing c) wrote d) write
- a) send b) sent c) was sending d) was sent
- a) will return b) should return c) can return d) would return
- a) on b) and c) to d) rather than
- a) air afraid b) flightsick c) seasick d) airsick
- a) travel b) have travelled c) travelling d) travelled
- a) could b) should c) may d) were able to
- a) are offered b) had been offered c) were offered d) offered
- a) unbelievable b) unbelievably c) believe d) unbelieving